We've given them something to talk about
Don’t take our word for it. After all, for those of us with homes in Blue Moon, we are unabashedly biased. Many of Western North Carolina’s premiere architects, designers and builders are astonished at the way Blue Moon has been uniquely brought to life and are proud to participate in shaping the community. See what they have to say in some of their quotes below, see some of the homes they have created and sample Blue Moon drawings under the Blue Moon Dwellings section.
- “When I first built in Blue Moon in 2007 it was a very exciting experience because it was a brand new development centered within this beautiful, untouched wilderness setting and I was building one of the very first homes. At the time, it was difficult to foresee how the community would grow and progress, but today it is amazing how well it still retains the calming peaceful quality and the scenic natural setting that I fell in love with.”
- "Blue Moon is wonderfully and delicately nestled atop Pinnacle Mountain, the highest point in Henderson County. There is something special in the symphony of natural undulating roads, breath-taking panoramas, and the thoughtfulness put into the various elements of this community. As an architect and interior designer, it's an inspiring location rich with a startling beauty unique to the area."
Tiffany Prudhomme, AIA, assoc ASID, LEED
Prudhomme Architecture & Interior Design
- "The views from Blue Moon are....beyond awesome. You simply don't find many neighborhoods like this above 3,500 feet."
- "I first saw Blue Moon at sunrise. The views were spectacular as the light of the morning sun raked across the French Broad River valley below. And as I continued to look at the property along the ridge I began to admire the restraint and care taken in the protection of the forest and the significant rock outcroppings and other natural features of this dramatic and surprising mountain community. We are happy a Platt Architecture-designed house will soon be underway in Blue Moon."
Platt Architecture, PA
Designer of the 2006 HGTV Dream Home
- "There are some really nice golf communities in Western North Carolina. There are also some really nice planned communities, too. But Blue Moon is really different than those. It's just a nice neighborhood, built in concert with nature, that just happens to be situated on an incredible mountain next to a state park. You just don't find those every day."
Glennwood Custom Builders
- "On my first visit to Blue Moon, I was amazed at the natural beauty and tranquility of the property. Incredible views balanced with reasonable build sites is a rare combination. Driving through the neighborhood feels like a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. The peaceful setting of the neighborhood gathering pavilion reveals a sense of community without diminishing privacy of the individual homes and home sites."
ACM Design I Architecture & Interiors